It’s been awhile, not by choice mind you; lets just say that life got in the way. New job, Christmas and then a New Years vacation bla bla bla..forgive me, I lost touch with a lot of stuff. And so in the spirit of all that ‘new year, new me’ shite, (which I generally don’t buy) I am up and running again. Welcome 2016, whoop whoop!
Taking a break from the work tread mill lead me to New York. Having been to the states before but never to The Big Apple I was keen to make comparisons to other states and LDN. Made a few observations.
- Shops are open 24 hours a day. Like literally. As a self proclaimed foodie, is there any wonder my heart skipped a few beats at the vast amount of food options constantly available.
- It felt like home. Not too dissimilar to London, with the hurried pace and busy roads, New York felt like a home away from home.
- The diversity. It’s a known fact. I just never realised how saturated it is with Caribbean, Latin and Korean people. Even more unusual to me is that they all seemed to stick together. If I saw a group of kids, 95% of the time they were all the same race.
- Korean products on tap! More on K-beauty in NYC to come.
- Rats. Super human, super sized, overly brazen rats! Don’t get me wrong as a Londoner I’m not rat shy, but these things made Master Splinter look like a mosquito.
The City that never sleeps..Still trying to process if it’s somewhere I could live. Until then, fish, chips and the River Thames it is!